Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Bit About Megan


AFAA certified
My fitness career started when I was 15 years old, working at the family owned gym as a front desk attendant. I didn't know much about the fitness world besides sports I had played when I was younger, and started learning new things on a daily basis. At 17 my mother suggested I start working with one of the trainers who needed practice working with people, and an assistant kick-boxing instructor. This is what sparked my love for fitness. I studied to become an Aerobics and Fitness Association of America certified personal trainer and after a few months, I took the written and practical exams and got my certification. I began training new gym members, and friends to get experience. About a year after I received my certification, I started teaching weight training classes twice a week for upper and lower body.

I love working with people and helping motivate them. Seeing them accomplishing their goals is inspiring. It makes me want to be better, and to help others become the person they aspire to be. I enjoy working with people of all ages and fitness levels. I have trained people with goals from maintaining their fitness level, to competing in physique shows. The challenge of building a program for each individuals goals is exciting. I am constantly researching new types of exercise and ways to incorporate them into training sessions. My goal is to create the best workout experience I can for my clientele."

No comments:

Post a Comment